Last updated: May 20th, 2018. Effective date: May 25th, 2018
Information We Collect
We get information about you in a range of ways.
- Information We Get From Others. We may get information about you from other sources. We may add this to information we get from this Site.
- Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting our Site, we log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about your use of and actions on our Site.
- Cookies. We may log information using “cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. This type of information is collected to make the Site more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs.
Use Of Personal Information
We use your personal information as follows:
- We use your personal information to operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services.
- We use your personal information to process and deliver contest entries and rewards.
- We use your personal information to respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- We use your personal information to send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- We use your personal information to communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
- We use your personal information to link or combine user information with other personal information.
- We use your personal information to protect, investigate, and deter against the fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- We use your personal information to provide and deliver products and services customers request.
Sharing of Personal Information
We may share personal information as follows:
- We may share personal information with your consent. For example, you may let us share personal information with others for their own marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies.
- We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with laws.
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We may share information with those who need it to do work for us.
We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
Information Choices and Changes
Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You may send requests about personal information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your personal information.
Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
InstaCheckin does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit your personal information. If you have a reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided personal information to InstaCheckin, please contact us, and we will try our best to delete that information from our databases.
Links to Other Web Sites
We take appropriate organizational and technical measures to protect your personal data any unauthorized access, process, or loss of your data. We implement such security measures by considering the state of technological developments in this field, the nature of data being protected and the cost of implementing such measures.
Currently, we encrypt and protect all information transmitted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and data at rest encryption. However, no such transmission of information over the internet is fully secure or error free ever. Therefore, please carefully select the information that you will be providing InstaCheckin over the internet. Furthermore, we are happy to provide additional information on our information security architecture and practices.
Data Controller and Data Processor
If you are a user of InstaCheckin Visitor Solution or if you are a visitor of our customers, our customer will be the “data controller” and InstaCheckin will be acting on behalf of our customer and will therefore be acting as our customer’s “data processor”. In such case, our customer is the one assuming the responsibility for processing of personal data through our Site.
InstaCheckin is the “data controller” for processing of personal data for our own purposes such as CRM, marketing, invoicing, service delivery etc.
Access To Information
If you have any questions about the information that you provided as a visitor while visiting one of our customers, please contact our customer directly or contact us at the contact information provided below. We will take reasonable steps to correct, update the personal data that you have previously submitted to us. For any further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8201 164th Avenue NE, #200
Redmond, Washington 98052